23rd August 2015
The Challenge ride follows the route of the Classic ride but takes a detour to avoid the hardest of the hills of our Premier route, reducing the distance of the Challenge ride to 65 miles (105km).
This 65 mile (105km) sporting course with 1379 meters of climbing will challenge your fitness and determination. A good team or solo event. It’s achievable, but needs work as it passes through some tough terrain and climbs hills such as Kidds Hill better know as “The Wall”. With the scenic rolling roads of Ashdown Forest we feel sure you’ll enjoy this ride. Save some leg strength for Cob Lane Hill !
- Fast signing on in the morning at Oakmeeds College
- Start time from 8.00am, last rider off at 9.30am
- 4 feeding stations
- Toilets available at all feed stations
- All feed stations have free savory foods and energy drink
- A selection of savoury foods available at all feed stations
- Mechanical support available on route.
- Event timing by SPORTident
- All riders will receive a Continental inner tube on the day
- Emergency medical assistance
- Certificates downloadable from the SPORTident
- Complimentary snack meal after the ride available free to all entrants.
- Avelo Images Event Photographers on course photos available online after the event at a reduced rate.
- SRS Events on-line loyalty scheme ensures that all on-line entrants will be entitled to at least a 10% discount subsequent events.
- Comprehensive route markings for all routes.
Distance 63 miles
Elevation 4624 ft
Maximum gradient 20%
All feed stations have savoury foods, fruit and various cakes to keep your energy levels high. There is also free energy drink for riders.
Toilets are available at each feed station.
3 Feed stations are avaialble on the Classic route.
|Men under 18||4hr 15 min||4hr 35min||7 hours|
|Women under 18||4hr 20 min||4hr 50 min||7 hours|
|Men 18 - 39||3hr 50 min||4hr 20min||7 hours|
|Women 18 - 39||4hr 00 min||4hr 30 min||7 hours|
|Men 40 - 49||4hr 15 min||4hr 45 min||7 hours|
|Women 40 - 49||4hr 20 min||4hr 50 min||7 hours|
|Men 50 - 59||4hr 25 min||4hr 55 min||7 hours|
|Women 50 - 59||4 hr 30 min||5hr 00 min||7 hours|
|Men 60 & over||4hr 35 min||5hr 05 min||7 hours|
|Women 60 & over||4hr 40 min||5hr 10 min||7 hours|