DATE OF EVENT: 31/08/14
The Tour ride is a 43 mile (68.6 km) ride which travels through Ashdown Forest over some hilly terrain but avoids the major hills of the Classic and Challenge rides, this said the Tour ride does go over the infamous Cob Lane HIll which although short is a good test for all riders. Shorter than the Classic and Challenge rides a good level of fitness is still needed to finish this route comfortably. One feed station is available on this ride should riders need some extra sustenance.
The key event points are:-
* Fast signing on in the morning at Oakmeeds College
* Start time from 8.30am, last rider off at 9.30am
* Start and finish at the HQ Oakmeeds College
* Male and Female changing rooms at the HQ
* 1 feeding stations
* Toilets available at all feed stations
* All feed stations have SIS energy drink for the riders
* A selection of savoury foods available at all feed stations
* Mechanical support available on route.
* Event timing by SPORTident
* All riders must finish by 6pm broom wagon supplied
* Emergency medical assistance
* Certificates downloadable from the SPORTident
* Hot Showers available after the event
* Complimentary snack meal after the ride available free to all entrants.
* Cycling films on show at the the HQ afer the event.
* Sportivephoto Event Photographers on course photos available online after the event.
* SRS Events sign up desk, Special reduced entry to other events SRS Events organise.
DANEHILL VILLAGE HALL
ARDINGLY COMMUNITY HALL
STANDARDS FOR THE TOUR RIDE 43 MILES
|Men under 18||2hr 40 min||3hr 20 min||5.5 hours|
|Women under 18||2hr 45 min||3hr 40 min||5.5 hours|
|Men 18 - 39||2hr 30 min||3hr 10 min||5.5 hours|
|Women 18 - 39||2hr 35 min||3hr 20 min||5.5 hours|
|Men 40 - 49||2hr 40 min||3hr 40 min||5.5 hours|
|Women 40 - 49||2hr 45 min||3hr 45 min||5.5 hours|
|Men 50 - 59||2hr 50 min||3hr 50 min||5.5 hours|
|Women 50 - 59||2hr 55 min||3hr 55 min||5.5 hours|
|Men 60 & over||3hr 00 min||4hr 00 min||5.5 hours|
|Women 60 & over||3 hr 05 min||4hr 05min||5.5 hours|